This week I made a set of copper inlays for one of my newest knives. Machining copper was an interesting challenge, and the results were completely worth it! After breaking a few endmills and searching online I finally found the proper endmills to use, and with flood coolant it machined well. After putting in the dimpled surface with a Lakeshore Carbide 4 flute ballmill, we anodized the handles bronze and acid etched the blade. The finished knife looks incredible, probably the coolest one we’ve made so far! Let me know what you think, thanks!
This week we give a Norseman progress report for the current batch we’re working on, as well as talk about how we are straightening warped blades after they have been heat treated.